Tesco unveils improved store in Prague
26 November 2014
Tesco is today unveiling Letnany store in Central Europe, Prague, following an extensive update.
The store, located in the busy Letnany shopping mall was opened in 1999 and was refreshed to reflect today’s needs of our customers in Prague. It now brings the very latest thinking on retail destination stores from around the world for our customers in the Czech Republic.
David Morris CEO Tesco Stores Czech Republic comments:
“Letnany brings together into one location for the first time many of the elements of our work to improve our larger stores for customers. I’m particularly excited by the fresh department and delighted to see so much learning from around the world reflected in store departments.
Letnany provides something for everyone: families can spend time together eating a meal or enjoying the kids' play areas; shoppers looking for something special can enjoy artisan cakes from our patisserie, handmade flower bouquets from our florists, the best of affordable fashion in our F&F store, as well as informed advice from one of our technology experts. We also introduced our first Community Room in Central Europe.
Customers are changing the way they shop and our role is to adapt. I am proud to see Letnany at the forefront of this change and I’m grateful to all my colleagues from across Tesco who have been involved in bringing such an exciting world-class store to our customers in Prague”.
Commenting on the re-launched store, Ken Towle, Managing Director for Tesco in Europe said:
“Letnany is unique. But its importance extends beyond Prague. We’ve taken the best of Tesco from around the world and built on it. We will continue to focus on customers and respond to their changing shopping needs”.
Total floor space of the hypermarket has been reduced, freeing up space for new exciting tenants in one of Central Europe’s most successful malls such as a flagship Sports Direct.
In Europe we have been taking a department-by-department improvement approach allowing us to extend our latest thinking to a wider number of customers efficiently.
Key features of the new-look Letnany include;
- A new look fresh food department allowing customers to engage with our food in a stimulating environment
- A range of new service counters including our first ever in-store florist, Tesco’s first patisserie counter offering customers made to order cakes.
- A brand new “Grab and Go” snacking area, including hot food and coffee stations.
- A 1,600 sqm F&F department, with its own separate entrance from the mall, bringing the F&F store concept work pioneered in the UK to European customers for the first time.
- Our latest thinking on General Merchandise in Home, Electricals, Toys and Baby departments
- The first new inspirational, interactive and multi-sensory Toy department
- First Community Room in Central Europe
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on
We are a team of over 500,000 people in 12 markets dedicated to providing the most compelling offer to our customers.