Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
22 July 2013
We are delighted to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their baby.
We are delighted to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their baby boy.
For any new mum, the first days at home bring all kinds of emotions and feelings – excitement, exhaustion, joy, worry, protectiveness and love.
We know many of our customers who are parents will have experienced this. So we have asked parents across the UK, in our ‘Tesco Loves Baby’ baby club, to share their best advice for life with a newborn.
We’re collating the feedback through our Twitter @TescoBabyClub and publishing the best tweets in a beautiful baby book full of helpful hints and tips to send to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Some of the tips we’ve seen already from UK mums and dads:
- “Remember it’s ok to not know the answer to everything! My search engine history is full of hilarious search terms now.”
- “Don't be in a rush to move onto the next stage. Cherish every moment even when it gets tough.”
- “Have everything ready before taking the nappy off!” “Rest! Even if you feel on top of the world and like you could do anything, simply rest as that feeling wears off!”
We know there will have been hundreds of other babies born today. To mark this Royal birthday, we’ve sent 25 new mums newborn baby bundles including nappies and wipes to give them a head start on essentials in the first few days.
And there is lots more advice, celebratory messages, competitions and information on Tesco’s Royal Baby Event which offers savings on baby essentials at tesco.com/babyclub
We’re expecting lots of people to mark the birth of the Royal baby in their own homes with celebratory fizz and baby purchases.
- Our dedicated baby wear is already selling well. We have sold 35,000 romper suits and T-shirts. Popular slogans have been Future Little Princess and Union Jack on rompers; Born to be Royal on T-shirts and Born in 2013 on sleep suits.
- As people toast the news, champagne and sparkling wine is expected to rise by as much as 25%
- Royal editions of popular weekly magazines mean their sales are expected to rise 30%
- We have got miles of red, white and blue bunting ready too as it proved so popular for the Jubilee
Note for editors:Tesco Loves Baby is Tesco’s baby brand. The Tesco Loves Baby club is a baby club to help and guide mums and dads on their journey through parenthood with expert information, advice from other parents, great offers, competitions and lots more. There are nearly 400,000 members, predominantly mums (75%), but dads too (25%).
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on
We are a team of over 530,000 people in 12 markets dedicated to bringing the best value, choice and service to our millions of customers each week. Our core purpose is 'we make what matters better, together'.