Making Christmas better for less
29 October 2012
Tesco is helping families get more for their money this Christmas with the return of Christmas Clubcard Exchange
Tesco is helping families get more for their money this Christmas with the return of Christmas Clubcard Exchange. From today, 15.5m UK households will receive their Clubcard statements. And from 1st November, members can exchange Clubcard vouchers worth £5 for £10 in tokens, giving them twice the value to spend on a huge range of festive goods.
With 12 departments taking part, more than ever before, Britain’s leading retailer is helping families make the most of Christmas by offering great savings on everything from toys and gifts, to decorations, frozen food and drinks.
Ian Crook, Online and Digital Marketing Director at Tesco, said “We know our customers want this Christmas to be really special despite tight household budgets, and we’re happy to help make that possible. That’s why we’ve carefully selected the departments for Christmas Exchange to make sure we offer great discounts across everything families need for a very Merry Christmas. And by combining Exchange vouchers with other in-store promotions, our customers are getting some fantastic deals this Christmas.”
The 12 departments taking part in Christmas exchange are:
- Toys and bikes
- Finest wines and Finest Champagnes
- Christmas trees, lights and decorations
- Domestic appliances and personal electrical
- Home and furniture
- Phones and accessories
- Skincare, cosmetics and fragrance
- Horticulture (flowers and plants)
- Frozen food
For the first time, we’re also reprinting unspent vouchers for 2.5 million customers to make sure they can take full advantage of Christmas Exchange. “We really don’t want people to miss out so we’re making it even easier for members to claim previously unspent vouchers.” added Ian Crook.
Notes to editors
- Vouchers can be exchanged from 1st November until 5th December in store or online and vouchers must be redeemed by 13th December
- Customers can exchange vouchers from a minimum value of £5, and each £5 will be turned into a £10 discount in participating departments
- Customers don’t have to wait for their Clubcard statement to arrive in the post to get their tokens. They can just go straight to the My Clubcard Account section of www.tesco.com/clubcard and manage the whole process online. They’ll receive an email with an ecoupon on it, which can either be printed off and used in-store, or used online by entering the ecode at the online checkout.
- For full information and T&Cs go to www.tesco.com/exchange
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on
Tesco is the UK's largest retailer and one of the world's leading international retailers. Tesco has more than 6,000 stores worldwide, employing almost 520,000 people in the 14 countries in which it operates.
Our core purpose is to create value for customers to earn their lifetime loyalty. Our success depends on people: the people who shop with us and the people who work with us.